Monday, August 20, 2007

It's all in a name...

We struggled for a long time with a name. We did not want a really common name and we also did not want to get too weird and have our son struggle with a crazy name like "Pilot Inspector" for life. We had 100 joke names like "Screamin' Bob", "Nicoli Khabibulin" (a hockey player), and "Tyrone Aladdin Silamanajic Jackson da' Tird." The list went on and on. We could not seem to have a serious name conversation for more then 2 minutes before we resorted to jokes. I really liked Sebastian, Jason liked names that began with Z like Zander and Zane.

Then Jason ended up in Detroit for a job. He had a few hours to kill so we text messaged names back and forth while googling for ideas. I ended up on a 100 top baby names of Australia or Sweden (can't remember which) list where I found Nolan. I texted him, and we actually agreed on something! The middle name Taylor is a family name of mine and also my dads first name. Sounded good and we were sick of looking so Ta-Da! Nolan Taylor it is!

Meaning and Origin: The boy's name Nolan \n(o)-lan\ is pronounced NOH-lan. It is of Irish and Gaelic origin, and its meaning is "champion". From Nuallan. Also possibly from Uallach (Gaelic) "proud one".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hі thегe this is somewhat οf
off topic but І wаs wondеring if blοgs uѕe WYSІWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

Feel free to visit my weblog - Tens Unit
My website :: tens therapy

Anonymous said...

I visiteԁ vагious wеb sites but the auԁio quаlity for audio songѕ exiѕting at this
wеb page is truly marvelouѕ.

Ηеrе is my ωeb-sіtе; seo company dallas tx